Immigration Issues/I'M AN ITALIAN MAN WHO SHOULD LIVE AND WORK IN THE UNITED STATES LEGALLY

Question
I'm an Italian man aged 48 who should like to live an work in the United States legally. I have worked in the Italian justice administration for nearly 20 years; the first 10 years i worked as a judicial driver that consisted in taking judges from a place to another by armored cars. In the   remaining years i continued to work as a public relations employee. Now i no longer work and get a monthly disability pension of 617 euros a month (nearly $804). For now i have my parents who integrate my poor pension with extra money,but my parents are elderly and soon they will die and i will remain lonely, facing a lot of expenses counting only on my poor pension. So i'm keeping in consideration the fact of finding a job in the United States and live a good and dignified life over there. I don't live in the U.S.A. and i'm resident in Italy. I would be grateful to you if you will indicate me all the steps to immigrate in the U.S.A. and some useful suggestions.
Unfortunately i don't have relatives in the United States!

Thank you
         Regards.
         Giuliano  

Answer
There are a number of methods in which to immigrate into the US.  However, having no relatives in the US makes the journey more difficult.  In order to immigrate other than through relatives, you would need a specialized skill not readily available in the US.  I do not believe what you discribed as your work background would qualify as a special skill.

I would suggest visiting the US as a non-immigrant and visit with various employers and discuss your background with them.  Perhaps you do have a needed skill in which they would be willing to sponsor you.  Keep in mind, non-immigrants are not authorized to work in the US unless permission is received from the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS).

David