Immigration Issues/Marriage on L-1

Question
I am a US citizen engaged to a Filipina woman.  She is here on an L-1 work visa.  We would like to get married but we are unsure of the consequences for her work.  When does she get to resume work?  And what documentation would be required?

Answer
I would suspect this would be almost seamless.  Although technically once you apply for her visa she will have abandoned her L-1, you can apply for a temporary work authorization while the visa is being processed, and under such circumstances I don't think she would be required to stop working unless you went up to her employer and insisted that they fire her.  All that would be needed is to get the paperwork in quickly and when the work authorization comes in let her company know of her change of status.

In fact I am not even sure if there will be a technical violation since some temporary work visas allow "duel intent" and the L visa may be one of those visas.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay