Immigration Issues/Marriage Visa


I am married to an america citizen,we have been married for 1yr and 7month.last year when I went to apply for a visa to visit the US, i was told that I have to be married for two years. so this year I will apply again,but I dont know if I should apply for visitor visa or marriage visa,because I am only going for hoilday.

If you are married to a US citizen, it is more likely that  a visitor visa will be issued. Unless you prove to their satisfication of the consulate officers that you intend to return to your country.


Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.