Immigration Issues/Marriage with an illegal Mexican

Question
I want to Marry my girlfriend who is an illegal Mexican. What are the steps i need to take after we get married? Does she have to go back to Mexico or is there a way around that? Thanks for yout time..

Answer
First of all, when you say illegal, do you mean she entered illegally, or that she entered legally and overstayed her visa? This makes a big difference.

If she entered legally, and overstayed, you can simply marry her and file for her.

If she entered illegally, the issues become much more complicated, and it would take too long to go into here. I advise you to contact an HONEST immigration attorney and review all the various options before you decide what to do.

Good luck.

Alexander J. Hay