You are here:

Immigration Issues/Marriage to an illegal immigrant


Hello. My boyfriend came to this country on a visa, and he overstayed the time limit. He has been here for 7 years. We are planning on getting married soon, but need some information. I printed all the forms that you listed from the website. Everything seems pretty much self explanatory, but I was wondering if you suggest that we go through a lawyer instead of doing it ourselves. What are the high points of doing it through a lawyer besides not filling out the forms? Also, we are not ready to live together, will this be a problem? I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you very much.

As a marraige case, you are supposed to live together and set up joint bills and accounts. If Immigration finds out you are not living together, they will not approve the case.

Having a lawyer insures the papers are filled out correctly and filed in the right place. The lawyer monitors the case until you gets scehduled for interview. A lawyer is also good to have to prepare you for the interview and attend the interview to protect your rights.

Let me know if you would like me to process your case!



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]