Immigration Issues/Marriage question

Question
I came to USA 5 years ago with F-1 from Latvia and never went to college.On I-94 no exp.date.
I am getting married to US citizen.Will I be able to get a travel passport(how long does it takes in GA) and go to Latvia before interview for a Green Card?

Thank you.

Answer
Hi Jelena,

You can be sponsored through marriage to a U.S. citizen, and adjust status in the U.S. without any penalty since you entered the U.S. legally.

However, you cannot travel until you receive resident status in the U.S., which you will not receive until the time of the marriage interview. If you travel while adjustment of status is pending, you will be unable to enter the U.S. even if you have been issued advance parole document.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora