Immigration Issues/Marriage

Question
I am a legal resident (green card). I have a friend that I want to marry him.He is a french citizen and lives in France.What is the procedure in order for him to get the papers? Does he have to wait outside the US 'til he becomes legal resident?If he comes before he gets his green card is he allowed to work in US?
Thank you for your time.
Sincerely, Dasha

Answer
Hi Dasha,

Your friend can enter the U.S. without a visa, but this allows entry only for 3 months under the visa waiver program.

If you marry him, he will need to wait for several years for a visa to be available (there is a line) before he receives a green card. He cannot remain legally in the U.S. during this time based on marriage. If you were a U.S. citizen, he could remain legally and work in the U.S. before he receives the green card, but you are not a U.S. citizen.

The following webpage from our website is helpful: http://www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora