You are here:

Immigration Issues/Married U.K. citizen but haven't filed...


My husband came over on the VWP, proposed soon after, and we
got married here in the U.S. Unfortunately, we were not very
organized, and have not sent off the I-130, Adjustment of Status,
etc. His 90 day stay is up tomorrow - is it possible for him to stay
and have us file now?

I do not mean to give you permission to procrastinate, but because he is married to a U.S. citizen, he can file at any point in the future, as long as he has not been caught by Immigration - which is not likely. Even if he does get caught, the Immigration Judge will let you file at that time, but why go through the hassle?

Let me know if you need a good lawyer to process the paperwork!!



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.