Immigration Issues/Marrying someone from Baja Calif

Question
I am a US citizen and I want to marry my boyfriend who is from Baja California.  He has a B1/B2 Visa.

My question is:  Is it better to file a fiance visa BEFORE I marry?  Or, is it better to marry then file all the paperwork (the affidavit where I sponsor him, etc)?  What would be faster and easier for him to get a work permit?  Lastly, is it better for him to stay in Mexico after we marry (while he waits for the wk permit) or will it be OK - law wise, for him to live with me while we wait?

Thank YOU very much for your help.

Answer
YOU CAN EITHER FILE A K1, I-129F/FIANCEE VISA APPLICATION AND HE WILL BE HERE IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS OR YOU CAN MARRY THERE AND THEN FILE I-130 PETITION AND WHEN YOU GET RECEIPT YOU CAN FILE FOR K3, I-129F/VISA APPLICATION. HE WILL GET HERE SOONER ON K1 BUT GET GREEN CARD SOONER ON K3 BUT HE WILL HAVE TO WAIT THERE ABOUT 9 MONTHS FROM FILING.

REGARDS,

ROBERT

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>