Immigration Issues/Met girl in Brasil.



 I am a U.S. Citizen and I met a Brasilian girl on the internet through a chatroom. I then met her in Brazil after 1 yr of interaction (emails, chat, phone calls) I was in Brasil for 5 days and plan on going back soon. What can I do to eventually bring her here for a possible marriage. We have connection, and chemistry, you name it. We very much like eachother. Suggestions? Hope you can help. Thank you.

Fiance visa is the way to go.  Do not get married in Brazil. No matter what her family says. It is most likely a scam then. ON a fiance visa she comes over and you both have 45 days to either get married or she must return to Brazil. If you get married within the 45 day window you can then apply for her green card in an expedited (by US immigration standards) process.

Good luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]