Immigration Issues/Mexican immigration

Question
Hello there!  I am 23 y/o here in the United States and don't know anything about immigration laws, but here is my question.

I have a friend living in Mexico that wants to get a "Visa" to come to the United States to live here.  

How does the US Embassy decide who can come to the United States and who cannot?  

Is there anything I can do to help my friend get a Visa, or citizenship?

Thank you!

Answer
Well there are very ways that an individual can come to the US legally:

1.  Marry a US citizen.

2.  Get a job in the US which requires a Professional Degree (of course you have to have such a degree).

3.  Make an investment in a business which you intend to run in the US.  The investment needs to be at least 50,000.00, but better if 100,000.

4.  Become a student.  You must prove that you can afford to pay the tuition.

5.  Visa Lottery.

Best of luck.

Alexander J. Hay