Immigration Issues/Naturalisation application

Hi Mark

I have a question about the naturalisation application. I had an arrest which was dismissed in my favor in court so there was no conviction and the records were sealed. I was told in the court that the arrest is nullified and I can legally say I was never arrested. I did the same in the N400 application and did not mention the arrest. I was told latter by an attorney that I was supposed to detail the arrest even though there was no conviction. I did an FBI rap sheet check and a good conduct check and my record shows clean. My question is should I append the application somehow or since all fbi records show clean leave it the way it is. Iam not sure what other databases INS looks into apart from FBI. Any help will be appreticated

Even though you were never convicted of a crime, you were still arrested.  As a general rule, you should always fully  disclose information about any and all arrests whether they result in a conviction or not.  I would suggest that you consult with an immigration lawyer and have him reveiw your records to further advise you.  
Mark Ashley  

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient