You are here:

Immigration Issues/Non-Citizen Attending a US University


First, thanks for reading this.
I have a friend from who was born in Mexico, who illegally lived in the USA since he was 6 years old, but then moved back to Mexico when he was 14.  He is now 16, and since he really wants to study medicine and be a doctor, he wants to attend a good University in Texas as soon as he graduates from high school.  How would he go about doing this?  If he has to become a citizen, what are the steps he must take, and how long does the process usually take?
Thank you for your time.

To get a green card he must have an immediate family member that is a citizen or a green card holder. To get a student visa, he should contact the foreign student advisor at the schoool he wants to go to and have them issue an I-20 document that he can use to apply for F-1 student status.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]