Immigration Issues/Non-Resident Canadian to US

Question
Dear Mr. Hay, I hold dual citizenship (one with Canada) but have not been a Canadian resident in 4 years.  To immigrate to the US to marry my fiance, what is my best option? a) To enter through ground/air via Canada b) To apply for Fiancee Visa or Spousal Visa in my resident country and wait? c) To enrol in a university in the US, get married and change status? or d) another option I have not considered? Many Thanks

Answer
If you can legally enter (with an inspection) then that is the best way, then get married and start the visa application. You will be able to work while you wait for the visa, and you will be able to leave if you ask for a permission to re-enter. If you cannot enter legally (that is with an inspection), then I would suggest you apply for a fiance visa.

Alexander J. Hay