Immigration Issues/OPT to H!B

Question

I have received my H1B approval valid from 1st of oct, 2007.I graduated on 11th june 2006 and my OPT period started from august 2006 and is valid till 10th august, 2007.

DO i need to leave the USA in order to avoid the cap gap problem or can i officially stay in the Usa during this time.My Approval notice does not say anything about getting a visa stamped from a consulate.It just has the tear off two copies of I94.

Answer

Since you were granted change of status to H-1B (effective automatically on October 01), you can remain legally in the U.S. However, you will need to discontinue employment starting on August 11, and you can resume employment again on October 01.

You do not have to leave the U.S.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora