Immigration Issues/OPT, H1-B change


I read a issue answered by Mr. Ajay to Akash whose case is similar to mine. I work for company A and A filed and got my H1-B under advanced degree cap. My OPT expires in Decí 07. Now, I wish to switch to company B immediately. Many attorneys advised me that my new employer can file for new H1-B now, but will not be considered under cap because I am already in cap and that I will have to submit my H1-B documents. So, I have made all preparations for that process. But, Mr. Ajay's reply says I cannot do that till after October (after I receive two pay stubs). Now, I am confused. Please help me.

You have alread sought the advice of another attorney.  This forum in not a venue for you to keep asking advice until you get the answer you desire.  If you want a second opinion from another attorney I suggest that you have a paid consultation with an attorney so you can hold him responsible for his advice.
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]