Immigration Issues/OPT- H1B Gap

Question
My opt ended on july 31st. my H1B visa is approved and COS is approved from oct 1st.I have a gap of 61 days till oct1.
I know that there is a grace peiod of 60 days but my gap is 61 days. what are my options? do i need to go for h1b stamping? waiting for your reply?

Answer

Since you were granted change of status (there is a new I-94 attached to the bottom of the H-1B approval notice), you will automatically be in H-1B status on October 01. There is no need to be issued an H-1B visa stamp by a U.S. Consulate.

Although the grace period is 60 days, in our experience the USCIS is granting COS even if the gap is 61 or 62 days.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora