Immigration Issues/OPT ISSUE

Hi, My friend to India on OPT. His F1 visa is expired. He went to chennai consulate to get another F1 visa to re enter. He is working full time here in USA. His OPT is valid untill dec'07. His H1 is starting from oct'07. His visa is held under review. He has been asked to submit a resume and a questionre regarding his job description, his future plans etc. He went to consulate on 07/31/07 and his visa under review since then. How long do you think this process will take place? What are the potential risks involved in this?His company is ready to send the required paper work, but we are concerned about how the consulate behaves in these kind of cases. We would defintely appreciate if you answer this and let us wht else needs to be done.

Sudha: The chennai consulate has a reputation of issuing such 221(g) notices for additional information frequently. If your friend's company is able to provide all the documents requested, the consulate usually approves the application.  As far as potential risks for your friend I do not see any.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,