Immigration Issues/OPT gap

Question
I am on OPT right now and working for private company. My OPT expires in july 31,2007 and I have 60 days of grace period. so i have gap of one day if i apply for H1b next year 2007 April 1st. So, for that One day should I need to transfer my self to other visa like F1 or visitor or one day is Ok for me.
Second question is when should I apply for F1 visa before i apply for my h1 or after that. Please let me know.

If anybody can give me answer of this question , I will really thankful.

Thanks,
Jinal  

Answer
You must have a valid visa while in the US...although you have a 60 day grace period, you do not have 61.  There is no guarantee you will have the H1 even though you might have an approved petition.  Overstaying your visa could place you in jeopardy.  You will still need to leave the country to receive your H1 if it is approved.

David