Immigration Issues/OPT issue

Hai, My friend is in OPT and he is currently working as an full time employee. His H1 is starting from oct'07. He has valid OPT untill dec'o7, but his F1 visa is expired. He has go back to India due to emergency in the family. He has all the paper work from his current employer. He went to the consulate for his visa, but the US consulate at Chennai, held his visa under review. What is the potential  risk invovled in this. What needs to be done, so tht he can enter USA soon. Thanking you in advance.

Sudha: I am unable to answer your questions because you have not provided much info on this matter. "held his visa under review" is insufficient to answer your questions. If the consulate as asked for additional information, you should ask your friend to provide it and if the consular officer is satisfied that the Job is bonafide he will grant the visa.

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,