Immigration Issues/P-3 visa after OPT expired

Question
Hi
My OPT just expired but I got an offer for a job that offers a P-3 visa.  Do you know how long it takes to get approval?  I am in the US right now under the 60-day rule after OPT expires, do I have to leave while I wait for the approval of the P-3 visa? Or can I stay beyond the 60 days and wait till I get the visa?

Thanks

Answer
Elaine,
Processing times for I-129 are about 3 months. You can be in the country while your P-3 application is pending. However, you run the risk of having overstayed if your P-3 application is denied.

Best of luck.
Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan