Immigration Issues/P-3 visa after OPT expired

My OPT just expired but I got an offer for a job that offers a P-3 visa.  Do you know how long it takes to get approval?  I am in the US right now under the 60-day rule after OPT expires, do I have to leave while I wait for the approval of the P-3 visa? Or can I stay beyond the 60 days and wait till I get the visa?

Processing times for I-129 are about 3 months. You can be in the country while your P-3 application is pending. However, you run the risk of having overstayed if your P-3 application is denied.

Best of luck.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,