Immigration Issues/PD and finger printing

Question
Mark,
I filed my 485/140 765 AP in mid august.No info yet on receipt notices and cheque encashment.PD is July 2007.I am planning a vacation out to India in a couple of months for about 15 days.Could you awaken me if the finger printing is based on PD.....Just to ensure that the finger printing doesn't fall in line with my vacation.....
Thanks
Simon

Answer
Simon,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, I have been out of the office.
The fingerprinting is not based upon priority date.  It is usually based upon processing times of the particular service center.  Please note, if you do not have a valid H or L visa leaving the country could vacate your adjustment of status if you have not received your AP prior to departure.
Good Luck,
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley