You are here:

Immigration Issues/Parents I 130 petition


Dear Sir, I have filed for both my parents immigration. I was advised by the state dept that my mothers case is ready but my fathers is in admin processing. I want to ask that By Law, as they are both on seperate petitions, can i ask the embassy to issue my mothers visa first as its ready as she can come first and my father can join later. or it has to be together?

If your mother gets her immigrant visa earlier, then she can come into the US before your dad. There is no such thing as asking the embassy to issue your mother's visa first and your dad's later. It all depends on the time they get processed. Usually the embassy will try to schedule them together.

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]