Immigration Issues/Petition for a spouse or fiancée

Question
Someone tells me to sponsor a fiancée, a person must have an income of $13,200. Is it true? Do I need to sumbit tax declarations of three past years? What will happen if I have had a new job for over 2 months after a period of unemployment?

Thank you very much. Have a nice day.

Answer

Actually, the figure is $16,500, which is 125% above the "poverty level".

You should submit 3 years worth of tax returns (if available). Since your income is not adequate, I recommend that someone else also file affidavit of support for your fiance. Therefore, two affidavits of support should be filed (one from you, and another affidavit of support filed by someone who is a U.S. citizen or permanent resident).

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora