Immigration Issues/Petitions for Parents and Siblings

Question
I have a friend who is a US citizen and who is filing petitions in order to bring her parents and siblings (aged from 11 to 21) to the US. As Immediate Relatives, her parents will come to the US earlier. As soon as they come to the US, they will file petitions for their children. Can they ask to retain the priority dates in petitions filed by their daughter?

Thank you very much.

Answer
Hi Quang,

Unfortunately, a new priority date will be established when the parents sponsor their children. There is no way to maintain the earlier priority date of when the daughter sponsored the parents.

The following webpage from our website is helpful: http://www.h1b1.com/sponsor.htm

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com  

Ajay K. Arora