Immigration Issues/Please help!

Question
I filed my N-400 last year and I still did not receive the Interview Letter.  I went to the local INS and asked the reason why. They told me that my file stuck in Background check. I did not have any criminal or driving record since I have been living in this country for 14 years.
Would you please let me know what should I do at this point?  I am very frustrated to see everyone who filed the N-400 in Jan, 2007 and already went through the interview and Oath process.

Answer
The delay in the background check is affecting everyone these days. Earlier immigration would call you for interview even before the background check. But since there is a rule that they have to adjudicate the petition immediately thereafter, they have decided to delay the interview date until the background check has been cleared. The background check has to  be cleared by the FBI. And of course the FBI has a huge backlog.

You should contact your local congressman or senator and ask them for help. They normally would send an enquiry to the immigration office. I am not promising this would help, but it may at the most get your file moving.

Thank you

Ramasamy Krishnan
Ashley & Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan