Immigration Issues/Possible discrepancy in H4 visa

Question
My wife recently applied for a H4 visa and upon getting her passport back from the US Consulate has noticed that the visa mentions the LIN number from my I-797 Approval Notice rather than the LIN number listed on her I-539 Approval Notice. Do we need to get her visa corrected or is this standard procedure? I would greatly appreciate your reply.

Answer
Hi Ravi,

It is OK if it mentions your LIN # since her H-4 status is dependent upon you maintaining your H-1B status. You will maintain your H-1B status if you continue your employment with the sponsoring H-1B employer.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora