Immigration Issues/Q about N 400 Form

Question
Hi
I am filling my citizen ship form I filled everything only one Q I didn't know the Q is about Selective Service Registration I was 26 year old when I came here K1 visa & that time I didn't know to register selective service. Now I have to attach a statement why I didn't register can you tell me what can I do now to solve this issue.
Thanks
Dharminder

Answer
Dharminder,
The selective service registration ineligibility applies only for persons who knowingly and willfully failed to register between the ages of 18-26. The other important requirement is you should be a permanent resident during this period. You came to the US after your 25th birthday and you were a nonimmigrant (K visa) at that time. Since you were over 25 yrs old and a nonimmigrant at that time of entry you are not required to register for the Selective Service.

Sincerely,
Ramasamy Krishnan
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Ramasamy Krishnan