Immigration Issues/Question about K1


I am pretty sure it is a 2 year. What would be the reprocussions of a divorce in both situations?

Hello, I have a somewhat unique situation and I am hoping for some assistance.  A foreign national that I met about two years ago on vacation is now in the United States and married to a US citizen.  She is not happy with the marriage and is thinking of divorcing him.  She already has a residence card and is waiting on the Social Security Card.  What would be the consequences that either of us would face i

If she has a greenc ard good for 10 years, she can get divorced, marry you and not need to do anything with Immigration.

If she has a 2 year card, she needs to get divorced and then file the I-751 form. She can marry you anytime after the divorce. Eventually she will get an itnerview on the I-751 where she will have to bring in proof of her 1st marraige from the time of being approved for the green card until they separated.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.