Immigration Issues/Question

Question

If I am a US citizen visiting a foreign country such as Mexico, what steps must I take if I wish to obtin a green card to have a foreigner come with me and work for me in the US?  

Answer
First you need to recruit for the position (newspaper ads, etc.) to show that there are no qualified US workers that are willing to accept the position.  Then you file a Labor Certification with the Department of Labor.  Once that is approved, you file an I-140 with USCIS.  When that is approved, USCIS sends the file to the National Visa Center, who requests more documents and forms.  Once they receive that, the National Visa Center transfers the file to the appropriate consulate.  The consulate schedules an appointment and prior to the appointment the alien must get a physical form a US Civil Surgeon and also get police and other records.

The above is a very brief and incomplete overview.

James D. Mills, Esq.