Immigration Issues/Quickest and Easiest


I am looking for info on how to bring my Portuguese boyfriend to the U.S.  I am still technically "married" but seperated, and I am wondering what is the quickest and easiest way to get him into The States permanently.  I greatly appreciate any info you can give me!  Thank you!

Nothing in this world that is worth having is quick or easy.

He can come over on the waiver visa, but he cannot stay beyond his waiver period.

If you married him, that would solve the problem, but you are not in a position to be able to do this.

Best of luck.

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Alexander J. Hay


I am a U.S. lawyer with offices in Houston, Texas and in Belize. I can answer questions on U.S. Immigration, U.S. corporate law, and Offshore Tax and Asset Planning.
If you are on an H or L visa I am NOT GOING TO ANSWER your questions since they are usually highly fact oriented, and also you have a company attorney handling the whole thing. Call your own attorney please! If you disregard this request, don't be surprised if I answer with "homework question".


I am a U.S. attorney with offices in the United States and Belize. I have experience helping to protect assets, reduce taxes, and improve investment performance by utilizing global investment techniques.

Harvard University, A.B. degree; University of Houston Law Center, J.D. Degree; Fulbright Scholar

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]