Immigration Issues/REGAINING GREEN CARD

Question
Greetings!  I would like to ask the expert about my status.  I became a resident in the united states since 2003. my husband and i came back here in the philippines last year and settled down.  surrendered/abandoned my green card and filed an I-407 at the DHS/MPH last June 07, 2007.  That same day, I was granted a tourist visa good for 10 years.  Just this month, my husband and I realized that we need to go back to the states and find a job since our income is not enough anymore.  my problem now is that, I can't work in the states with my tourist visa and can't stay with my husband for a certain period of time.  

my question is:  Can I regain my residency/green card and stay and work in the United States like before (immigrant)? or do I need to apply for another one?  If so, what kind of forms should my husband use to petition me?  

We plan on going to the United States in November.  Can we apply for a change of status while in the United States and what kind of application we need to apply for?

Thank you for any help!

Sincerely,
Chiqui

Answer

Your husband would need to sponsor you again. Upon entry into the U.S. on visitor visa status, wait about 2 months and then your husband will file the sponsorship petition (Form I-130) and you will file at the same time your adjustment of status application (Form I-485) along with employment authorization application (Form I-765). There is other paperwork involved such as Biographic Questionnaire (Form G-325A) and Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) and possibly Advance Parole Document Application (Form I-131). You may call the USCIS forms hotline at 1-800-870-3676 for the forms.

Ajay K. Arora, esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora