Immigration Issues/Re-stamping for H1 if employer is changed.

Question
My current H1 visa is valid till Oct 2008. I plan to change my employer this month. In October, I am travelling to India for a small vacation. Do I need to re-stamp my visa for the new employer? Would I be able to enter back to US on the current visa?  

Answer

You can travel on your existing visa if you carry the H-1B approval notice through the new employer. Carry the H-1B approval notice through the former employer as well.

I also recommend carrying recent pay stub(s) from the new employer (you can join the new employer as soon as the H-1B petition has been filed; you do not have to wait for approval).

You should file through "premium processing" so that the H-1B petition is approved by the USCIS in two weeks after it is submitted.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora