Immigration Issues/Reg H1 Trasfer

Question

I do hold H1 for ABC since this company is not calling me to US . I have decided it to trasfer to XYZ company.Once my petition has been approved from XYZ then can i travel with new I797 from XYZ and old visa of ABC ? I do not hold original I797 of ABC.

Thanks
Kalpak

Answer
Kalpak,
Sorry for the delay in answering your question, I have been out of the office.  The USCIS has not given a definite guidance on this issue.  The only similar situation would be a person in your position that was already in the US and changes employers.  That would be OK.  Your situation is different.
Mark Ashley
www.ashleykrishnan.com

Mark Ashley