Immigration Issues/Reg H1B Stamping in India

I got married in India and came to US on H4 Visa.Then I applied for H1 and started working from this year.On the advice of my tax consultant,I gave my status as single in the pay stubs (for tax purposes).Will that cause any problems during the VISA interview in India?If asked about my marital status in the pay stubs how should i justify?

It could cause problems for you but it would depend upon the consulate officer.  I always tell clients to tell the truth. Since you are asking now, it appears like you knew this was bad advice from your "tax consultant".  You should take care of it when you file your taxes.  
Mark Ashley

Mark Ashley

Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

American Jurisprudence Award recipient