Immigration Issues/Reg H1B

Question
I already have a valid H1-B visa stamped from Company "A" . It was stamped on November 2006 . However I have not yet traveled on that visa to the US . I am in India . Now my current employer "Company B" is offering me a job in the US . They are ready to file a new petition (since I have approved H1 I will not fall in the H1 cap). However they are saying that since I already have approved H-1B from Company A and a valid visa "stamp" I  DO NOT have to go to the consulate. If I have the approved H-1B and no visa then I would have had to visit the consulate. As long as I hold a valid H-1B visa with "company A" then I can travel with that and then I must also present the approval notice for "Company B" at the port of entry. My question is
a. Is this legally possible ?
b. Is there any risk in doing so (like deportation) at the port of entry? What kind of answer should be given at the port of entry (The real reason from my side is that the offer was better from my current employer and my current company is a better company)?

Kindly clarify.

Thanks,
Siva.

Answer
Hi Sivakumar,

I agree with Company B's advice. When entering the U.S., show the approval notice for Co. B. There should be no problem in entering the U.S. as you already have an unexpired visa through Co. A.

As long as you are honest in your intentions (showing Co. B's approval notice at the port of entry) there will be no future negative consequences.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.h1b1.com

Ajay K. Arora