Immigration Issues/Regarding to H1B transfer

Hi Ramasamy,

My question is regarding to H1B. I am currently on OPT working in Company A. They sponsored for my H1B which just got approved for starting date on Oct.1st. I got an offer from Company B which requires me to start working in mid May. How does H1B work in my case? Can I quit my job at Company A and start working in Company B on OPT till October and ask company B to apply H1B after October? or Do I have to stay in Company A till October in order for H1B transfer to be valid?

Thank you!

You can have company B file the  H-1B petition at anytime since you have already have a H-1B approval and have been counted against the cap. You can move to company B and work on OPT until October and then switch to H-1B status.

Ramasamy Krishnan
9801 Westheimer
Suite 302
Houston, TX 77042

Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.

I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,