You are here:

Immigration Issues/Regarding marriage issue.


I am US citizen and my girl friend is Indian citizen currently having student visa in U.K and staying in U.K .So I need your advice to get marry her and how to apply for her.I have to apply in US consulate U.K or She have to get visa from India.

You would need to apply for a fiance visa (K-1) or after marriage either apply for an immigrant visa or K-3. These applications take around 8-12 months to process. If she is residing in the UK, I do not think that she needs to go  to India. I would also sugges that you vist and check the US consulate in UK information on the specific process involved.
Ramasamy Krishnan

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.