Immigration Issues/Residency to canada

Question
Thanks for reply.I did not receive answer to following question.
My I-140 is approved and I have not filed I485 due to retrogression.If I apply to residency in canada, will it anyway affect my residency in usa?

Also the regulation of having US visa to enter USA even if you are DRIVING from canada with greencard, is it new?

Thanks and regards,
Ganu

Followup To

Question -
Also will I be able to drive from canada to USA with canada's greencard and stay in USA for 3 months?

Answer -
You will be required to obtain a visa to enter the US.

Answer
You are permanent resident of Canada, not the United States.  Until that time you become a permanent resident of the US, you are required to have an appropriate visa to enter the US, by car, foot, air.  Doesn't matter.

Regarding your I-140, although the petition filed on your behalf by an employer, it will be several years before you will be granted permanent residency...this is based on what country you are from and visa availability from that country.

David