Immigration Issues/Responsiblity as a co-sponsor in fiancee petition

Question
She has only a temporary green card. Can he ask to take away her card?

Thank you very much.
-------------------------

Followup To

Question -
Hello,

My friend's brother sponsored a lady into the USA as a fiancee and got married later to her about 3 years ago. Together, they have a son. Now, she is living with another man in another State.  She is now visiting her home country with her son. If my friend's brother writes a letter to USCIS to cancel his petition, will she be able to come back to the USA? Will the man with whom she is living be able to petition for her to come back to the USA? Will my friend continue to be bound by his affidavit of support because he accepted to act as a co-sponsor to his brother when his brother was sick? When will his responsibility as a co-sponsor terminate?

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Answer -
If she has a green card, the brother can not cancel a case that was already approved. Immigration is not going to take the card away. The affidavit of support is enforceable for 10 years, but your friend is only bound for welfare payments paid by the Federal or state government.

Robert

Answer
HE CAN ASK BUT THEY WILL NOT RESPOND TO THAT. BUT IF THEY ARE NOT LIVING TOGETHER AND WILL NOT GO TO THE NEXT INTERVIEW AFTER THE I-751 FILING,  SHE MUST GET A DIVORCE AND FILE THE I-751 AFTER THE DIVORCE ON HER OWN WITH PROOF OF THE RELATIONSHIP WHILE IT LASTED.

REGARDS,

ROBERT  

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>