Immigration Issues/Salary Wage Question.

Question
Mr. Arora,
My green card is recently approved.  
I understand a green card comes with 6 months to 1 year commitment on my part to serve the sponsoring company.  At the mean time I also realize that my wage is 5K under the prevailing wage on my labor ( filed April-01 eb2 master ) and some 15K under the wage on the labor.  Will this wage issue create problem for me down the road, may be in citizenship phase?  Does it in anyway alleviate my commitment to serve?  Do you have any suggestions for my situation in terms of job change?  Many thanks.
John

Answer
Hi John,

It is only the "intention" of the employer to pay you the agreed upon wage, but this intention is not enforceable. Therefore, my recommendation for you is to work for the employer for at least six months after I-485 approval. You should not have any problems in the future.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora