Immigration Issues/Seperation

Question
QUESTION: Dear Sir
Here is my situation.  I obtained my conditional greencard in January 2005.  I am Canadian and married a U.S. citizen on November 6, 2004.  The marriage is breaking down, we are friends and he wants to sign the papers to have the conditions removed in September.  I am currently living on my own in an apartment.  He visits frequently as friends.  What I want to know is should I file for divorce and file without him or should I remain married. This marriage was entered to in good faith.....he is the one who strayed and I cannot find it in myself to trust him again as I forgave one episode but cannot forgive the next one.  The women called the house etc.  I left Canada at the age of 47..and was previously married for 30 years.  That marriage ended after the death of our son, which happens alot I have heard.  Please guide me in the right decision as I currently have a wonderful job and I am even a Notary her in the state of florida.
ANSWER: Since you are not living together, you should file for Divorce and when it becomes final, file the I-751. As long as you have evidence of the relationship while iot lasted, you will be ok.

Robert

QUESTION: Thank you for your quick response.........what information should I gather to submit with the I-751 when I submit it and what happens with my job etc. while I wait for approval...and can I travel back to canada for vacations during the  time it takes to receive my Permanent Residency..My employer has also offered to sponsor me if need be.

Answer
After divorce, you file I-751 with fee of $275 and evidence of marriage after you got approved until when you split. When it is filed they send you a receipt extending your card for a year that you can use to travel. You do not need your employer. You need to prove the bonafides of your marriage.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>