Immigration Issues/Sponsoring Parents.

Question
I am a naturlized U.S. Citizen since 2002.  I would like to sponsor my parents in Pakistan for a green card.

They come to visit us every year in the US.  Could I file for them while they are here?

How long would it take for them to get a green card after I file for them?

What benefits are they eligible for after they get a green card?  Social Security?  Medicare/Medicaid?

Thank you.
MUK.

Answer
Yes. You can file for them while they are here, and they would be able to stay here until the paperwork is finished. If they leave the US, that would be ok, only they would not be able to return to the US until the visa is issued from the consulate in their home country.  I cannot say how long these things take.  Every time I think I know the answer, the answer changes.

Alexander J. Hay