You are here:

Immigration Issues/Spouses Have Different Addresses



I have a friend who is being petitioned by his US father. In China, he has a wife and two sons. However, his wife and he have different addresses in the same ward for business reasons. His two sons are living with their mother.

The consular officer will certainly ask questions on why they have different addresses because they have to submit their household registration books. However, he does not know whether his family will have any trouble obtaining their visas. Should he and his wife have the same address right now?

Thank you for your assistance.

His case will be fine because it is based onthe relationship to the father. The kids should also be no problem if he can document a father child relationship despite different addresses. The wife may get the hardest time and I would recommend making their addresses the same and showing proof of joint accounts and bills and photos and things.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.