Immigration Issues/Student Visa

Question
QUESTION: I want a study Visa For US, Do my Parents being green card holders and my brother being US Citizen effect my chances of getting STudy Visa, they are well settled there and can bear my expenses, I am an avearge student We also have some property here in Pakistan which is worth 1,70,000 US $ , and some bank accounts which contain about 22 K US $, What are my chances for Study Visa
ANSWER: Not that great, since you have relatives here with status that can sponsor you for a green card, they will think you want to stay forever.

Regards.

Robert

QUESTION: So YOu Mean To Say, That The Better Option WOuld be To Get a Sponsor From My Parents, RIght ? But that takes time.
Is their a possibility of not letting them know that i have relatives there ? as i want to study, and by sponsorship it would take more than 5-6 yrs,and i would lose very precious time of my studying life . !Thanks
ANSWER: I can not recommend to you to hide info from them. If they find out they will charge you with visa fraud and cause future problems for your green card.

Robert

QUESTION: So I should tell my parents to file a petition for me , in my case is there any possibility of me travelling to US before the age of 21
ANSWER: You are not prevented from filing for a tourist or a student visa. I just do not think they will give it to you.

Robert

QUESTION: What makes you think that they wont give it to me ? I have no criminal record ? !, I have never been associated to criminal activities, My grades in school are always good, and i can get an admission in a good College, and i have enough property here ?and My Parents have enough money to pay for my study expenses in US , So Whats the reason ? I am sure that you have some reason for saying that, Thanks !

Answer
You fit the profile of someone who would stay permanently ionce they are here. You are young and single. In addition, you have parents who have status here and can apply for you. For those reasons, they will not be likely to give you a non-immigrant visa.

Robert

Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>