Immigration Issues/Student Visa


Hi Rama:
I am an international student in Canada now. Now I am back in my home country
China now. I am just accepted by the Bausch college in New York City. So now I
have to find the best way to get my FL-1 Visa. I have B-2 Visa expire to Oct
07. I will go back to U.S. to take a test in Bausch College. But my Canadian
re-entry visa expire to May 10 O7. I want to know , if i go back to Canada , in
my case,will the VO consider i am tendency to stay in U.S. and denied to give
me the Visa. Or i could change my status from B-2 to F-1 in the U.S. Which way
is the best way to get my visa?  

Dear Zhao:
You should opt to apply for an F-1 visa at the US consulate in Canada. In my experience I have known many canadian residents come to the US for studies, so the issue of residency in Canada should not be an issue. Check with the local immigration attorney in Canada.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Ramasamy Krishnan


Immigration particularly business immigration and National Interest Waivers.


I have over 7 years of experience in all facets of immigration law. Specifically focusing on filing of National Interest Waivers (NIW), Alien of Extraordinary Ability and Outstanding Researchers/Professors petitions for Ph.D's and other advanced degree professionals. I have also assisted clients in numerous PERM, H-1b, L and other nonimmigrant visa applications. I am a partner at the law firm Ashley & Krishnan,

©2017 All rights reserved.