Immigration Issues/Student Visa


Hi, Mark:
I am an international student in Canada now.Recently, i have been accepted by the city university of New York City. So i have my I-20 now.Because i have B-2 Visa,and it will expire to Oct 2007, I wander if i am applying my U.S .Visa in Canada embassy, will the officer consider i want to stay in U.S.,permanence and my Visa application will be denied? Or i could apply to change my status in New York City from B-2 to F-1? Please help me to find the best way to do this !!!!!!!

You can apply either in the US or at US consulate in Canada.  If you have any questions about how this will effect your Canadian application consult your Canadian Attorney if you want to apply for F in the US my firm can help.  Good luck in your studies.
Mark Ashley

Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Mark Ashley


Business Immigration. My practice focuses on representing researchers, scholars, and other advanced degree professionals with filing NIW, EB-1,O-1, H-1, L-1 petitions. I am a founding partner in the immigration law firm Ashley & Krishnan,


18 years as a practicing attorney.

Member of AILA

JD from St. Mary's University, Texas.

Awards and Honors
American Jurisprudence Award recipient

©2017 All rights reserved.