Immigration Issues/Student Visa and Green card

Question
Thank you very very much for your advice, Ajay.
It released my long time curiosity.

By the way, due to your suggestion, I would like to know how long it's gonna take to know the scheduled time for interview from the date I get married. It is ok if you can not give me the exact time I know it might depends but can you just give me the rough period? (I don't know if this would help, I live in Atlanta, Georgia.

My boyfriend and I would like to thank you again for your help.

Best regards,
Ning

-------------------------
Followup To
Question -
Dear Ajay,

I am a student visa holder. My I-20 was expired on August 13, 2004, but actually my course had been finished since Jan.2004. In this case, when should I count on? I asked this question because I am going to marry an american citizen and he will file me the green card, plus the advance parole. Since I have known that if you have been out of status for more than 180 days, you will not get the advance parole or if you get it, you will get rejected to return back to the US. If I use the final date in my I-20, I am still fine for the advance parole. This is what I understand. Please advise.

Besides, I would like to know how difficult to get the advance parole. I really wanna go back to visit my family since I haven't seen them for many years.

I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Ning
Answer -
Dear Ning,

Since you ceased being a full-time student in Jan. 2004, you should not travel on advance parole document since you will be unable to enter the U.S. if you leave the U.S.

My recommendation is to wait for the marriage interview (which will be scheduled when you are married and your sponsorship paperwork is filed) since you will be granted conditional resident status on the day of the interview. You are free to travel when you receive either conditional resident or permanent resident status.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Answer
The paperwork will be filed at an address in Chicago, IL even though you are living in GA as per http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/LockBox11_23_04.pdf

Since this is a new change, I cannot predict how long it will take for the interview to be scheduled--it could be scheduled in 4 months, or it may take one year, or somewhere in between. The receipt notices after filing should have the approximate dates for processing on the forms.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora