Immigration Issues/Student visa

Question
Dear Alexandar,

I got a Student visa for 2 years and it is still valid. But I stop enrolling the school for 6 months. NOw I wanna go back to school again, can I still enroll in any course now? Am I considered out of status already? FYI My visa will be valid until January 2005.

Nikki

Answer
Hi Nikki,

You should be a full-time student in order to maintain your F-1 status. However, if you can convince the international student advisor at your university that you had a good reason (such as illness or financial inability to pay tuition) to not enroll for 6 months at your school, then he may reinstate you in F-1 status.

Ajay K. Arora, Esq.
www.H1B1.com

Ajay K. Arora