Immigration Issues/TN Visa


I am a canadian citizen, working in the US with my f-1 visa which is set to expire on 6/30/06. I am trying to gather as much information as possible about the TN Visa, specifically about the Disaster Claims Adjuster occupation. I would like to know what the specific requirements are for that position.  My employer is telling me that I must reside outside of the country in order to apply for this position, is this true? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

You need to have a bachelors degree and completion of training in the appropraite areas of insurance adjustment pertaining to diaster relief claims; or 3 years experience in the field of claims adjustment and completion of the above mentioned training.

You do not need to reside abroad- you can either make a trip to Canada and apply for the TN at the border or you can file a change of status application and do it from here.



Immigration Issues

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Robert Hollander<B> Esq.</B>



©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]